header picture

header picture

Friday, April 17, 2009

Playing with Barbies

Okay so I'm probably too old to play with Barbies (at least not without calling it quality time with my daughter!) but I do still enjoy making dresses for them. This is the most difficult dress I've ever crocheted but I think it turned out pretty good. Actually it wasn't terribly difficult just really time consuming. It's supposed to be a Scarlet O'Hara dress from Gone With the Wind but instead of doing it plain white I decided to try some purple stripes. I think I will give this to Lexi for her Birthday or something. Usually I give her 2 dresses for Christmas and I actually started this dress just after last Christmas - thinking I might need a whole year to complete it. But what if she's not even still into Barbie by next Christmas?

3 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

Wow Amber...you're so talented. That's awesome. I remember you doing a dress while we were sitting there for dance class!
I miss you too. Sorry it's still snowing there. I'm so not looking forward to that when we move back. It's been 70's here and perfect! I guess you'll just have to move back!!
Oh about the gym membership...it just wasn't the same without you. I couldn't get myself motivated so I was wasting the money. Oh well!!
And yes the egg hunt was at Freeman Park.
Well I hope you guys are doing great. Your house is awesome. I bet you're just loving a garage, yard and tons of space...I'm so jealous!!

Unknown said...

WHAT!?!?!?! You know how to crochet and you never taught me? I want to learn to crochet and knit so badly! I love the dress - you are amazing! I miss you!!!

Brianne said...

Nice dress! Do you think you could make one for me next? I'm just slightly bigger than Barbi....Poor Holly...she probably won't ever get anything that cute from me.