header picture

header picture

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Before & After: Chandelier

Nothing makes a big statement like an awesome chandelier right? Well tonight I had some super fantastic men put up an amazing chandelier. 

Here's a picture of the original chandelier....actually I wouldn't dignify it with the title of chandelier. It's more just a hanging ball of glass.



The process of hanging the new chandelier was actually quite difficult. Tyson had to go up in the attic and put some support boards so that the junction box would hold the weight of the chandelier. Our attic is not very accessible by the way. Then they had to put boards across a ladder and risk their lives balancing on a stool on a very unsteady plank. (I really hope this didn't give Garrett any ideas. Not like he needs any help to come up with his tricks!) Then Tyson had to balance the chandelier while his dad wired things up and Susan was trying to help Bill balance. I tried to take pictures (which is why this one looks so bad!).



And here's what it looks like now! So pretty!



1 comment:

Amanda said...

it's beautiful. You have such great taste.