We have such great neighbors here in our new neighborhood. The Blackburns invited us over to Sunday dinner last week. Dennis Blackburn helped Tyson cut down a tree that tipped over during a windstorm and was leaning against another tree so that it wouldn't fall on our house. Liz Bryner called me up out of the blue to ask if she could babysit my kids for a few hours while I was working on some painting. Bruce Quinton, a neighbor who helped us move in noticed that we are a 1 TV family so he brought over a TV and a VCR/DVD player to go with it. Here are some pictures of the welcome baskets that another neighbor, Sharon Madsen, left on our door. The kids were so excited!

I love the strained looks on their faces as they're trying to open them!

Garrett loves to count these days. So he lined up all those cookies and counted them several times.
I have to also say that I think my land lady must have really wanted us out of her house because she watched the kids for 4 hours one day so I could work on moving. No actually, she did it because she's just a really nice person...or maybe it really was because she wanted us out of her house?
3 comments:
Wow...it sounds like you found the perfect place to live! Maybe I should find a job out there.
Ha!!! I am so sure...nicole was so ready to kick you out...you are funny!!! I am so glad you are feeling welcome...I forgot are you still in the 4th ward???
Being in a friendly neighborhood makes all the difference. that's awesome.
Post a Comment