header picture

header picture

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

When Best Friends Miss Each Other



Just recently my totally awesome, wonderful friend Emily Morrison wrote a blog post all about me. She said she missed me so much that she actually started crying. I was very touched by her post because I miss her tons too. But she lives in Memphis and I live in Utah so I thought a long telephone call was about the only solution to the problem. Emily seemed to think otherwise. She actually loaded all 3 of her kids up in the car (minus Steve but with the help of her Father-in-Law) and drove to Utah just to see me (oh...and maybe the fact that her family lives here too may have motivated this spontaneous cross-country journey as well)! So today I drove to the Salt Lake area to have a visit with her. We had a good time just hanging out in her parents backyard, eating popsicles and chatting to our hearts content. The kids had a blast too. I had to leave far too soon but I could tell that my kids were about to seriously lose it. Sure enough....Drake cried half the way home. I finally pulled over to find out what was wrong and he told me he had a booger. All that crying over a dumb booger! Aaaaggggghhhhhh! In his defense though he was extremely tired. I'd probably cry over a booger too if it was me.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of our afternoon.

Zac was loving all the ride on toys.


Here's Emily with little Bella Boppers who was just a teeny little thing when we left Memphis.


Garrett was enjoying all the toys. Or at least enjoying taking them from all the other kids!


All the kids loved the space ship. Drake and Zac played in it for quite awhile.


Hannah and Lexi enjoying the sand box. They also had fun playing in the playhouse.


We bribed the kids with popsicles in order to get this shot. They cooperated pretty well considering there are 7 of them. When Emily and I first became friends there was only Lexi. We met at a game night at the Monson's house when she was 4 months old. Actually, come to think of it, I met Emily very briefly when I was pregnant with Lexi and Emily had just moved to Memphis and still hadn't married Steve. So we go pretty far back.


Thanks for coming so far to see me Emily!

5 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

That's awesome she drove all that way to see you!! That is one LONG drive...what a friend!! I'm so glad you guys got together. She missed the tornado while she was away from Memphis...actually she probably missed out on murders, car jackings and robbings too...good old Memphis, right?!?

Amber Chappell said...

Yeah, Liz, I heard about the Tornadoes taking out Kohl's. That sucks. I really liked to shop there. Can't say that I miss much about Memphis though other than, of course, the people. By the way, whenever you show up in Utah let me know and I will definitely drive over to see you too. Or you could come right to my house and visit your old stomping grounds. We could go bowling and redeem your college championship title!

Joe and Liz said...

I would love to visit Price again. That place is awesome...I have the best memories there. And we would definitely have to go bowling to show you just how awesome I am!! :) I'll even wear my championship bowling jacket for ya okay! :)

Jenny said...

That is awesome!!! HOw nice is that!! It isn't everyday that you get a friend like that!

Unknown said...

Awwww, a post all about me! :o)

(I'm finally getting around to trying to get back to life after visiting Utah so I'm a little behind on blogs!)

Anyway, I am so thankful to have a wonderful friend like you, Amber! There will never be another Amber Chappell-Cheese in my life! It was so fun to visit with you - I only wish we could have spent the whole day together! I also wish we could have had all our families together (i.e., our husbands, too!) Next time. And maybe one day we can leave all our kids with the husbands and just go hang out somewhere fun. :o)

Thanks again for your friendship and for making me famous on your blog.

Love ya!
Em