header picture

header picture

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hanging with the Monson's



Mike and Richelle Monson were some of our very best friends when we first moved to Memphis. We used to have tons of game nights with them. In fact, the first time we ever met them was playing games at the Lewis' house and Richelle was so competitive I was sort of afraid for my life. She's about a foot taller than me and could probably take me in a fight! The second time we hung out with them however I realized that she's really, really, awesome (as long as you let her win! LOL!) Mike was in Optometry school and now has his own practice in Montana. We hadn't seen the Monsons since they moved to Montana about 5 years ago, so when they came down to Orem to visit family this weekend we jumped at the chance to go hang out with them. We spent a couple of hours chatting in the park and reminiscing on old memories. It was tons of fun! It's always nice when you can see friends you haven't seen in 5 years and still be able to strike up a good conversation like you just saw them yesterday.

The kids certainly seemed to enjoy each other as well. That's my Drake on top, their Garrett in the middle, and Zac on the bottom. I actually got the idea of naming my Garrett from Mike and Richelle's Garrett. Richelle's Dad and my dad are both Gary's (though my dad spells his Gerry) and Garrett is a more modern version of the name Gary. I'd never thought about the connection before their son was born. Then when I was trying to find a way to name one of the twins after someone on my side of the family I realized I really like the name Garrett.




This is Morgan. This is also what she did the entire time at the park. They said she's usually more active. But really, she'd have to be right? She's practically in a coma in this picture!


2 comments:

Richelle said...

So much fun, only wish it could have lasted longer. We'll defenetely have to get together again soon (way before 5 years). I had permagrin for a long time. Great photos Tyson.

Unknown said...

Oh, I love those Monsons! :o) I wish I could have been there to hang out (sorry I didn't make it down there - it was a long day for us!) It would have been so fun to see them, again. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!