header picture

header picture

Monday, July 20, 2009

My Kids in The Friend

Our church puts out a magazine for children called The Friend. Last fall the magazine asked for children to do a service project as a birthday present for President Monson, our prophet. We did a service project for my parents and took a few pictures which we emailed to the editors at the magazine. Then I completely forgot about it. Tonight I got an email from a friend of mine who lives in Montana saying that she saw my kids in the magazine. So Tyson and I hurried and looked it up online. Then since we were so excited we woke up Lexi and Zac to show them too. I think they will probably appreciate how exciting it is later on tomorrow when they are actually awake though. I remember as a little kid wishing I could be in The Friend and now I'm able to live that dream vicariously through my children. Totally awesome!

They are the third picture down on the left side. If you get the Friend you can see them on page 47.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I remember answering the Q and A in the New Era as a youth hoping to be in the magazine! Way to go guys that is awesome! I will have to tell everyone I know I know someone famous now!!

Brianne said...

You are such a goog mom...your kids are in The Friend! Now you need to go buy lots of copies of it.

Richelle said...

Totally awesome! They're published and so young. I'll be hanging on to this Friend probably forever.

Amber Chappell said...

I know... Tyson was like 31 when he first got published so they are doing awesome.

Joe and Liz said...

That is awesome guys!!! They're famous now. I bet they are just super excited...way to go!!

Anonymous said...

That is so fun...I too always wished that I could be in the friend!