
Tyson tends to believe that "bigger is almost always better" whether it be a Super Grande plate of Nachos, a 64 oz. Dr. Pepper, the Minivan with the most horsepower etc. Therefore, it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that when we were first married and shopping for our bed he just had to have a King Size bed. Now, don't get me wrong, I really love our big bed. I'm not complaining about that at all. The only problem is that all the quilts we got for our wedding were Queen size because that was just the size bed that most people bought back in the day. So for the past nine years we've had quilts on our bed that barely reach the edges of the bed but don't lap over the side like they're supposed to. It's seriously annoying when it's a cold winter night and your honey tries to steal the blankets because you don't have enough edge to hang on to and by the time you realize there's a thief sleeping next to you its too late to hang on to your tiny edge of the blanket to protect it. Also, the bed just looks stupid when you don't have a big enough blanket (kind of like I'd look if I tried to wear a Mini Skirt!) I finally got fed up with our blanket/bed incompatibility and started looking for a new comforter. I've been looking for one for the past several months, ever since we bought our house. The only problem was that I kept trying to pick comforters that didn't work with the blue carpet in our room or the log head board that Tyson and his dad made for me when we were first married. I love the headboard but all the comforters I looked at were too elegant and clashed with it. My style isn't very country and I was having a hard time admitting that my bedroom is just going to have to look country in order to work. So I finally figured out what my problem was and this last week I bought a quilt that I think looks totally awesome in my room. I REALLY love the way it looks. I keep walking in there just to look at it! I've been tempted to just stay in there all day but Garrett makes sure I have no peace if I'm trying to sleep in. One thing I know for sure is that any of you who actually read this whole boring post are my TRUE friends!
8 comments:
Lucky girl...a king sized bed! I'm jealous. That is a great quilt you found...but you didn't tell us where you found it.
True friend right here!! BOOYA! haha when was the last time you said THAT?! :) Anyway, I think that it looks great and I really like all of the improvements that you have made to your home. I bet that it is SO NICE to finally be in your OWN home!
I guess I'm a TRUE friend then!! :)
I really like the way your room looks too. I know I would keep walking by or looking at the room if I had just made it look cute. Good job!
That is a super cute headboard and quilt. I love your comment about comparing the quilt to a mini skirt! lol!
I like your bedspread. It's perfect!
Well...I'm not sure I want to let the secret out of the bag but I found my quilt at Walmart. I do live where that is pretty much the only option. Oh...and K-Mart but I find K-Mart to be highly disappointing. I go in there because I've seen something in their add and then it turns out that I hate the way the item looks in real life or you have to buy 4 12-packs of Diet Pepsi's in order to get the sale price on whatever you wanted to buy. Also, I'm glad to see that I have so many TRUE friends who read all the way to the end of my posts! BOOYA! Wow, that did feel good to say that.
Lol, Amber you are too funny! I am so excited for you to be able to do all these home improvements! That is so awesome! I so want a king size bed! So jealous!
Post a Comment