
Tyson and I actually went to the Harry Potter movie on Wednesday night (yes that was the opening night. If I could have figured out a way to go to the midnight showing I would have...yes...I'm a freak!) It was kind of a last minute decision but we were able to get a babysitter. Unfortunately, she ran her car into our fence trying to park and then was really embarrassed. I felt really bad for her. The fence was actually already a little broken in that spot and we would have replaced it anyway. So no harm done really and she's a great babysitter...she actually made forts and had pillow fights with the kids. Anyway, back to the movie. I was really hyped up for it and I'm not sure it completely measured up for me. Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed the movie and I really enjoyed the time with Tyson. I just felt like the plot line was pretty watered down and they cut some stuff I would have liked to have seen...oh and added some stuff that I know wasn't in the book at all. It would probably have been better if I hadn't just read the book because then I wouldn't have noticed all the things they took license with. But it did have some funny lines and cute teenage romance scenes. And it has set things up for the next 2 movies which is kind of what the The Half Blood Prince book does as well. I liked the way it portrayed Draco Malfoy's role too. I've always felt that he is just the product of bad parenting. And he can't really help that, right? Look at me, talking like he's a real person and not a fictional character! By the way, I didn't name Drake after him but if you call him Draco Malfoy he will respond.
No comments:
Post a Comment