header picture

header picture

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hoyt Family Reunion Day 3

Day 3 of the reunion is probably the one my boys will remember the most. It was the day of the Horny Toad invasion! The field across the road was full of Horny Toads and the boys spent the morning catching them with uncle James. I don't even know how many they caught, but it seemed like every kid had one. Zac especially has been going through a real "creep crawly" phase this summer. He has packed a bug jar around half the summer and nothing is safe from him! But so far he hadn't been able to catch a lizard or a horny toad and he was feeling pretty bad about that. I think he made up for that this time though!




Since it was a Sunday my mom wanted each family to act out a story from the Book of Mormon.  We tried and tried to come up with something that wasn't violent.  We settled on the 2000 stripling warriors and the burying of the weapons.
My brother, James, was not so fortunate. His wife and daughters burned him. He was a pretty good sport about it though!
After that we went on a little walk through the forest. I think Tyson was hoping it would be more of a hike, but with so many little kids we just kind of meandered around for awhile.

I sure have a good looking family!
Then we played some more games.  I tell ya, I was really enjoying this game!
It was really fun to spend so much good quality time with my family for the weekend.  A big thanks to my mom and dad for making it all happen!

No comments: