So what do you do in the summertime when the world is smoky and grey and you can't stay in your un-airconditioned house?! Why, you go to the library of course, where it's always cool, quiet, entertaining, free, and you can linger as long as you want without being asked to leave!
The library finally got some new blocks! The old ones were so nasty that I always had to resist the urge to coat my boys in hand sanitizer after they played there. These look pretty decent so far though.
We happened to arrive just in time for story time. I generally try to avoid story time here, but I have an uncanny knack for showing up at the wrong time. Then the librarians get all excited that they have a bunch of kids to read to and then what can you do?! It's a lot better than it used to be when we first moved here....but I still want to give them some pointers! Memphis story times really spoiled me I think.
After story time we decided to linger for awhile because not only was it smoky and grey but also raining...which is darn good news when the whole world seems to be burning down around you! Tyson had his Ipad so was content to just hang out on the comfy couches for awhile.
The library has a pretty good selection of magazines and we've always wanted to just stay awhile and read them (I don't think you're allowed to check them out...but I may be wrong) We were having a great time reading until some mentally handicapped people came in with their chaperones and apparently Drake was sitting in one guys usual seat. He grabbed Drake's magazine and threw it! So funny! Drake wasn't sure what to do but luckily he didn't try to retaliate! We decided that was our cue to give up the couches!
Nothing like a family trip to the library to show your kids the importance of books. So get out there and visit your local library today...even if you arrive in time for story time!







1 comment:
Love those Memphis story times!! Even though it took us a while to figure out half the time what Reba was saying with her smoker voice and Southern accent!! :)
Post a Comment