Then we played some games. Tyson played Pop up Pirates with the boys.
We tried to play volleyball with a string for a net. It was boys against girls. I think the boys may not have been taking it terribly seriously.
My brother James brought this fun game that he made. I'm not sure what it's called, but you throw the tennis balls with the rope and try to wrap the rope around the rungs of the white ladder thingy. Three points for the bottom rung, 2 points for the middle, and one point for the top. I really need to talk someone into making me one of these games (Ty? Bill? Zac? Gryffin?) We played this game lots during the day and I thought it was pretty fun.
We also decorated our t-shirts with fabric paint. Drake informed me that I do not know how to draw robots. Hmmmmpf! Well, at least I tried!
Lexi enjoyed holding Laine. She sure wishes she had a baby sister but......oh well, you can't have everything you wish for!
Tyson and I left the kids with my mom for awhile and went to check out the view off of Strawberry Point. It was gorgeous but not a place for kids since it is a sheer drop off with no railings. I was a wee bit scared to stand too close to the edge. Also, if you ever try to go there, DO NOT turn onto Strawberry Ridge road. It may look like a road but it's a trap to ensnare poor motorists who can't find a place to turn around amongst all the rocks and mud. I was pretty sure we were going to get stuck and have to walk back to the cabin!
We had a family activity that night where we sang songs, told jokes and acted out skits. Do you think I should feel bad that Drake plugs his ears when I'm singing? Maybe I'm as bad at singing as I am at drawing robots?!
We also had a pinata. And yes, we did do it in the house because it was raining outside again. I was worried we would break something but we didn't.
We even managed to take some family pictures. Everyone was here except for my sister Heide, her husband, Mike, and their kids, Anthony, Colton, Tess and Millie. We missed them!
Then of course we had to do a silly picture. Look, my dad is smiling!











2 comments:
Levi's hand in down his pants--made me laugh so hard. You just can't get a perfect picture--but that one was super close.
I think that game is called ladder ball. We were introduced to it while in Indiana and just bought a set at Family Dollar for $20. :)
Post a Comment