We had dinner served up by Professor McGonagall. We had a magic potion (clam chowder) straight from the cauldron (a flower pot.) I had to reassure a few of the kids that it was not poisonous. We also had butterbeer and cauldron cakes for dessert.

Then we checked "the post" and got our acceptance letters to Hogwarts including our tickets for the Hogwarts Express.

Then we went to Diagon Alley (down the long hall in the basement) to shop for school supplies. I just got the lists from their teachers of what they need for school so I thought this would be a fun way to give it to them.




Then they rode the Hogwarts Express.

Then they had to search the "castle" for a mystery cauldron that contained a surprise. They found a Harry Potter Lego Playstation 3 game in the "headmaster's office." Zac's face says it all! This was actually supposed to be a Christmas present but Tyson convinced me to give it to them today.

I think I may make this a family tradition so if you have any Harry Potter Theme ideas leave me a comment! A side note: I think it's awesome that my spell checker accepts the word "Hogwarts."
5 comments:
You know I'm not a big Harry Potter fan. I have nothing against Harry Potter...just am not that big into it. But, I do have to say - this was a SUPER FUN idea! And it looks like it was so well executed! Great Job being such a great mama! I bet they really enjoyed it. You are so creative! Miss you!
You ARE kinda weird- but then I must be, too, because I looked up a website for you- check out www.harrypotterrecipes.net. I definetely think you should try those Jelly Belly nasty beans, and let us know if you could tell them apart!
Harry Potter is so awesome.
This is so cute. I don't care if anyone says you are crazy, your kids are going to remember this later and what an awesome mom they have. I have been thinking about that a lot lately, what kind of memories we are making, and I think you should be proud. This may be a bias opinion, though, because I also love Harry Potter.
That is awesome!!! Can I come next year!!!
Post a Comment