1. I'm happy because Tyson gave me a new kitchen radio for my Birthday. Technically my birthday isn't until next week but he was trying to be extra prepared this year so he doesn't get in trouble for forgetting the most important day of the year. I'm excited to get rid of that behemoth radio that I've been using. Plus, the new one has an Ipod dock and you can preset stations so Tyson can listen to NPR but I won't have to adjust the dial every time I want to listen to something good.

2. I'm also happy because I have finished everything I intend to can this year. Yesterday I spent all day making salsa. Half the time was spent trying to figure out the food processor my Brother-in-law gave me (I have to return it though if he gets married, so I'm doing everything in my power to deter him from that ball and chain!) Once I figured it out it was super amazing, so next time I want to chop, shred or grate something it's going to be a breeze.
3. These flowers that I got from our Primary Presidency also make me happy. They did a teacher spotlight last week and I was the lucky recipient. They really brighten up my kitchen. Speaking of flowers, my roses are looking bloomin' awesome! Though, after reading Mockingjay, I'm a wee bit afraid of them. Who knew roses could be scary!

4. I'm also happy that we finally have kitchen cabinet handles that don't rip your pants off every time you walk past. It really is a huge improvement. I've lost track of how many pairs of ripped jeans we have from the old handles. By the way, first person to mention that I need to scrub my cabinets is coming over to do the job for me....I don't care how far away you live either!

5. Tyson finished spreading the rocks on one side of the house. This first picture used to just be weedy wasteland. He spent several days pulling weeds and really trimmed up the trees. I think it really looks fantastic and he's had lots of neighbors come by to tell him how great it looks too.

Here's how the rocks look along the front of the house.

6. And these guys of course make me happy too!

This is just a sampling of the things that make me happy. I'm fairly easy to please! So what makes you Happy?
3 comments:
I need to learn how to can.
I like this idea...I think I'll focus on what makes me happy and create my own post. Thanks for sharing!
Hey Amber! I like the things that make you happy! I think its a great idea to make a list. Go girl! Also just wanted to let you know your cabinets look amazing and the rock work totally adds curb appeal!
Post a Comment