header picture

header picture

Monday, September 27, 2010

Zac's Field Trip



Last week I had the opportunity to help out at Zac's 1st grade Science Field Trip. They walked to the park (it's really far, but they did it!). I just met them at the park because I didn't think Drake and Garrett would make it that far. I only stayed for about 3 hours and they were still going strong when I had to leave. Here are a few pictures I took.

They played lots of games like Red Rover (a fun game until someone gets kicked in the teeth, apparently), Freeze Tag, Duck Duck Goose.

They did a scavenger hunt. Zac and Michael were determined to find the worm. Alas, they didn't. But they got nice and grubby in the attempt.

Here are a few of the kids in Zac's class starting out on the scavenger hunt.

Then we had the picnic lunch.

Here's Zac with his best buddies, Matt and Sam.

I left after lunch, but they also did crafts and used magnifying glasses to find objects around the park. It was the perfect day for spending in the park!

1 comment:

Moores said...

It was a really fun activity today! Thanks for doing it!