header picture

header picture

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Favorite New Music

I've kind of had a recurring blog post entitled "My Favorites" Usually I put several different items I'm loving right then. This time I have too many, so I've decided to have a whole post just about my Favorite Music. Then later I will do Favorite Books, Favorite Websites etc.

So without further adieu, these are a few bands that I've been listening to lately. Thanks to Tyson, my personal Music Guru, who tells me about bands that I might enjoy, and then makes me a playlist, and even syncs it to my Ipod. I'd be musically clueless if it wasn't for him.

This is IIO - I love her voice!


This is JES


This is The Birthday Massacre. I know their name makes them seem violent but its not! Tyson and I were excited to go to a concert by these guys this summer, but it got canceled.


You gotta LOVE Paramore --


This is Oceanlab - it's called Trance for a reason. Probably shouldn't be listened to when driving though. I for one would get so relaxed I'd fall asleep.


This is Shawn Colvin. I had a CD of hers in high school and every time I hear the songs shuffle through on my Ipod they make me smile. The other day I had an epiphany. It went something like this, "oh my gosh, I'll bet Shawn Colvin has more than one album!!" Sure enough. There are 9 albums. Some of the songs I've listened to so far are a little bit too Folky for me. But I like lots of them. Also, I think this video is a bit dorky but the song is good!


I really need to branch and listen to some bands with male singers, huh.

1 comment:

Tyson said...

Without out me you wouldn't be musically clueless, but you still be listening to the EXACT same music you listened to in high school.......ok, yes, you would be clueless :) Love you!