header picture

header picture

Monday, September 13, 2010

Need A Laugh?

I'm finally ready to share some of my most humiliating pictures with, you, my faithful blog friends. I've kept these pictures under lock and key, but now it's been a long enough time since they were taken that I'm not quite as embarrassed. Now, instead of making me cringe, they make me laugh (well...first I cringe and then I laugh...it's a definite improvement!) You're welcome to laugh at them too if you want to!

This is a picture of my doubly pregnant self an entire month before delivery. Yes...at 8 months I looked like this. The grimace on my face is saying "I just spent twenty minutes walking down a flight of stairs in the August Memphis heat and I really need to sit down!"


Here I am at 37 weeks proving that I can still fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans...though, admittedly they are much tighter!



I intentionally put this picture in sideways. Look closely and you'll see a giant shark fin! Only 34 weeks in this one though.

This is the night before delivery (39 weeks.) This is what a 52 inch waistline looks like folks! That's a mens XL shirt I'm wearing since I grew out of anything in the Maternity section.

Cute Siblings...


Happy Dad...


Crazy...but my sweet boys turn 4 tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Amber you looked great! You were good to get pictures. I thought I had time and in the end I had to call around to family and see if anyone had any! It is truly amazing what the human body can do! Happy Birthday to your boys!

Emily said...

I cannot imagine having TWO babies in my tummy at once. You were seriously a classy 'preggo with twins' mama!

Hope you are well!

Julie said...

Amber, thanks for posting these pictures and reminding me that there is a light at the end of the pregnancy tunnel. And, when I have days when I feel huge and pregnant, I'll just remind myself that I could have two or more babies growing inside of me.
I'm off to create a 'what makes me happy' post.

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day today!

The Combs said...

I remember you that pregnant! I have to admit you looked pretty miserable! But looked what you got..2 gorgeous boys! Happy Birthday Guys!!

Unknown said...

Awww, Happy Birthday to the little guys!

Such fond memories of your pregnancy, your little ones at home and the little one about to come home! Amber, even though you were VERY pregnant you still always looked good! The only thing that got big was that tummy which was just surrounding two little (er, I mean BIG) babes inside! You are amazing! Love and miss ya!