header picture

header picture

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Birthday

Today is my birthday. My husband did not tell me happy birthday this morning. I gave him until noon to remember. He didn't. So I called him. Our conversation went something like this.

Me: Hey, I've been trying to call you, where have you been?

Tyson: I was at a Birthday party for a few of the faculty members.

Me: Oh, a Birthday Party huh? Whose birthday was it?

Tyson: John and some other people, I can't remember. But they had pizza and Cake.

Me: Is there anyone else having a birthday that you might have forgotten?

Tyson: Holy Crap....It's your birthday!!! (Serious panic in his voice) I remembered 10 times yesterday! Why didn't my Ipad remind me (Sure blame technology!)

Me: Well...to make up for it you are grilling me a hamburger tonight.

Tyson: Oh yeah, I'm really good at grilling hamburgers. I'm awesome at grilling. I can definitely grill you a hamburger. (Still not sure if this is enough)....do you want bacon too?

Dang right I want Bacon!

(Part of his punishment is getting this blog post written about him!!!)

UPDATE: I should probably mention that I'm not actually terribly upset at him. I kind of find it funny how very unsentimental he can be about things like this. He'd probably forget his own birthday if I didn't remind him about it.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope your husband makes it up to you. :)

The Combs said...

Happy Birthday! I hope the burger was extra good!

Amanda said...

stupid ipad! Hope it was a great birthday even with Tyson forgetting about it. At least he had already given you the present. :)

Tyson said...

Happy birthday again! Those burgers were great huh? Oh yea, remember that grill that I gave you for a present many years ago and that you've never used? Well I have used it a lot :)

Amber Chappell said...

Yes, that grill was the perfect gift. The gift that keeps on givin'! By the way, you're forgiven. But don't forget next year. Two years in a row might be unpardonable.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I seriously laughed SUPER out-loud when I read this post...haha! You guys crack me up! I think it makes it funnier to me that I can actually hear your voices during the conversation. So glad the technology on my end worked so I could email you at midnight on your bday to be the first to say happy birthday...lol.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMBER!!

(p.s. Tyson, I'll email you a reminder next year so you don't get in the doghouse! ;)

Emily said...

This post is so funny! You are such a cutie...I probably would've just sat at home and cried.

I like you!

Hope you had a happy birthday!