
I started really working out in college (I played volleyball in high school but after the season was over I didn't exercise until the following August!). My initial reason for working out was that I'd met a really cute, awesome guy who happened to spend a lot of time at the gym. So I started going to the gym too. I actually lost almost 20 pounds before I married the same cute, awesome guy about 2 years later. Since then I have worked out pretty consistently except for a few months of doctor mandated rest when I was pregnant with the twins. Even then though, just lugging my jumbo sized body around was a pretty good workout....and about as fun for people to watch as my current self trying to do Tae Bo.
Anyway, I was on my treadmill this morning and was thinking I really need a little motivation and possibly an attitude change. What prompted this train of thought was that I was excited when I realized it only took me 17 minutes to burn off the calories from the Dr. Pepper I had every intention of drinking once I was done (and drink it I did!) Somewhere along the way my priorities have really gotten out of whack! I also realized its quite a contradiction to wash down my calcium pill with the same swig of caffeinated beverage that is probably leaching all the calcium out of my bones. I guess it's better than not exercising at all though, right?
4 comments:
Way to go Amber! You're a lot more motivated than me. The other day I ran 1 mile outside and about died! Oh well! Good luck with your new challenge! P.S. I still think back to our exercise days at the Fitness Premier...I miss those mornings!
I have been feeling quite sluggish lately and was actually on my way to the elliptical when I had to check blogs. I appreciated your post, I want to do better also, but am not sure I can be held accountable for it. Ü Good luck!!!
Good Job! You need to move you EAL to the top of your side bar! No one will ever see it if it is all the way at the bottom! That's a great idea! Keep it up!
Thank you guys so much for coming down to Jaylee's blessing. It was so good to see all of you!
Post a Comment