header picture

header picture

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We spent the past weekend at my Parents house. We got there Friday night after a really, really long drive (or so it seemed!) Apparently, potty training boys need lots of potty breaks as do 5 year old boys who drink an entire Gatorade in about 10 minutes! Saturday we went to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes to play. The kids had a blast and could have probably stayed all day. I actually ran into an old friend from High School (Abby Gleason) while we were there. I haven't seen her in probably 10 years.

My mom and Drake and Garrett built some pretty impressive sand castles. Most of them got smashed before they could really fulfill their true potential though!


My older brother Gerry went with us and took his four kids. Also, my little sister Sara came. She is quite a perfectionist when making sand castles.


Jasper thinks he's a lot bigger than he really is. It's cute.


Tyson had fun taking lots of pictures and playing with the kids.

Lexi loves to play with her cousin Kinlee.


Zac and Gavin were Jedi warriors (sorry...are Jedi considered warriors? I'm really not a Star Wars fan. I've fallen asleep every time I've ever tried to watch it!)


My parents dog, Ivy, is incredible patient!

Saturday we had a little birthday party for the twins who will be 3 next week. They thought it was pretty awesome.

Also on Saturday I made 20 quarts of applesauce with my mom and dad to bring home for my food storage. My kids love applesauce. It was fun to sit and chat with my dad while we cut up apples (for hours!) and then finishing the project with my mom after the kids had gone to bed. My brother blessed his baby, Jaylee, in Church on Sunday. She is cute and teeny. She weighed less at birth than both of my twins, which I guess isn't really saying much since they were huge, but it still always surprises me. We had an enjoyable, fun weekend! Thanks Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

Moores said...

Sounds like fun!

Jenny said...

Makes me miss my family!!! :( Sounds like a lot of fun!! Those Dunes looked awesome! I never knew they were there!!

The Jackson's said...

I haven't been to the sand dunes in years! It kind of makes me want to go over there. Who did you run into that you haven't seen in probably 10 years??--just curious

Amber Chappell said...

I ran into Abbey Gleason which is weird since her parents haven't even lived there in years. Her sister recently moved to Kanab and she was visiting her.