header picture

header picture

Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten - Here I Come!

Today was Zac's first day of Kindergarten. He was pretty excited. The first picture makes him look a little apprehensive but he really wasn't. He just went right in and sat down to a puzzle. He even felt comfortable with riding the bus home with Lexi. His teacher is Miss Tawna. She has been teaching for 35 years but still seems to really enjoy it. I think he's going to have a great year!

By the way, I did not cry. And just because I didn't cry doesn't mean that I love my kid less than those of you who do cry. :) I'm just not much for putting on the waterworks.



I should probably mention that my son has decided to go by Zac rather than Zack. It's all because at Kindergarten orientation they made him right his k in Dinelian handwriting, which makes it look like an r with a long arm at the top. Zac said that looks stupid and he wasn't going to write it like that, so I told him he could just drop the k and be a ZAC. He thought that was a great idea.

5 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

I never cried!! I think it's because I LOVED school, and can't wait for my kids to experience it!

(I cried this year when my Zac went to his first day of his Sr. year))

The Combs said...

I think I might have cried when Addison started K, but I don't anymore. I think I cry more at the end of the year when I know I have a whole summer of entertaining them ahead of me! :)

Unknown said...

Yay for Zac! Hey, did you change the way you spell his name or have I always misspelled it as Zack? I always knew it was Zach but I always thought you spelled it with a "k" on the end. Am I a total dork of a friend?

Amber Chappell said...

Hey Emily you are the only one who's ever noticed (or at least commented) on Zac's new spelling of his name. This summer he decided that since Zachary doesn't have a K in it then he shouldn't have a K in Zack. I couldn't go with Zach so we settled on Zac which I think is pretty cool!

Unknown said...

When did you change it on here? I totally just noticed. I'm glad to know I wasn't going crazy and I'm glad you guys were able to come to an agreement with his name. :)

p.s. oh, and I see I mistyped on my previous post. "I always knew it *WASN'T spelled Zach." Silly me for mistyping!