We went to the Wave pool a few times. This is always crazy for me because it's hard to watch all 4 kids and keep them from drowning especially when the waves start coming. Garrett had a saying all summer "I'm not going down!" meaning "I will not go under" He had a few underwater moments our first swimming trip that made him much more cautious for the rest of the summer. In his case though, anything that teaches a little caution is definitely a good thing.


We also had fun at International Days. This is kind of like a big county fair type celebration (though they also have a county fair a week later). On Friday they do a free kids day where you can play in the bouncy houses, get your face painted, eat popsicles and snow cones, get free stuff etc. The kids had a blast.

We also got a few Tattoos. Oh...wait that might have just been part of International Days. Oh yeah, it was.

We ate our body weights in Popsicles!

I tried my hand at gardening again this year. I think I did a lot better this time. I have had tons of squash, peppers and cucumbers and I'm just waiting for my bazillion tomatoes to ripen. We also had tons of green beans which I then decided were totally disgusting and I wasn't going to make any one eat them. So I yanked them out to make room for our huge pumpkins plants.

Tyson really got into Mountain biking this summer. He got a fancy bike and started riding all the trails around our house. He has gone on some 20 mile rides even. He has actually lost quite a lot of weight this summer and looks really good! He even took the kids on some long rides. This picture was taken right before they went on a six mile ride. They had to stop for a frosty at Wendy's on the way home but they did make it.

We also bought a swing set earlier this summer. Tyson parents went in on it with us as a birthday present for all the kids. They had lots of fun playing on it and we had a whole bunch of neighbor kids over to play pretty much every day.


Good-bye Summer. I will think of you often in the next 9 months while I'm bundled up in my many sweatshirts with my hot chocolate in my hand!
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun summer. It's still so hot here and summer won't end for a while....are you jealous??! :) I don't miss the snowy cold winters though! Guess you'll just have to come back for the winter!!
Your right it is the Lorene from valley High--Cute kids Amber:)
This is me I will add your blog to mine--good to hear from you and cute kids--darling twins I bet they are a handful:)
Post a Comment