
First things first,Bill helped us fix the plumbing problem under the kitchen sink and put in a fancy new garbage disposal. I love Lexi's choice of work gloves.

Our poor kitchen now looks worse than ever. Tyson tore into the linoleum and I took out the wallpaper. Unfortunately the wall wasn't prepped very well before they put up the wallpaper and I couldn't help but make a mess of the drywall. So we have our work cut out for us in this area of the house!

Drake is not much of a helper. All he does is play with his blocks. He sure looks cute though. And you can see the progress on the wallpaper behind him. We're getting there.

Tyson was just going to trim back a few of the branches of this tree so you could walk on the sidewalk under it and so it wasn't touching the house. He got a little carried away though and the tree got a really good trim. Maybe if he'd had a bigger saw the tree would have been just a stump by now.

Here we are with the wallpaper all gone and a fresh coat of paint. That's Jasperware on the bottom and Antique White on the top. Tyson told me it "looks pretty good for your first time." What does that even mean? Does it look bad or something? Anyway, I still haven't painted the trim so that's why the stunning blue tape is still there. My mom and dad are coming up today to help paint for the weekend and my sister Anna and her husband Bucky will be here on Saturday. So I think we're going to make a lot of progress this weekend!
6 comments:
I love the new header picture! Looks like you are having fun as new home owners. What did you decide about the carpet?
Looking really good. Before you know it this will only be a memory & you can enjoy all your hard work.
I like it! Sorry we aren't close by to help out!!
Looks like its coming along! And I love the new picture at the top of your blog1 Very cute!
How fun! Looks great so far... Keep it up!
your house looks great!!! I love your cute header picture!!!
Post a Comment