header picture

header picture

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Before & After: Piano Room

We have been working on our new house from dawn til way past dusk everyday this week. Tyson is off work for Spring Break so we are trying to make him appreciate his cushy job in the classroom! A couple of days we even put in 16 hours! Tyson's parents have been here all week and have been invaluable! We couldn't have done anywhere near what we've done without them. I have decided to devote one blog post to each room rather than putting a major overload of pictures on here. So I'm going to start with the Piano Room. I guess technically this would be considered the Formal Dining Room but since we have no intention of putting a table there we have been calling it the Piano Room. Ever since I posted the poll about the carpet I've had lots of people asking me what we've decided. Hopefully this will answer most of those inquiries.



This is how this room looked in the beginning.



Then we took off the blue wallpaper and painted with Jasperware on the bottom and Antique White on top.




Yay!!! Then Tyson tore up the blue carpet!



Then Tyson and his dad laid the laminate wood floor I found on a great deal at our local hardware store. I may or may not have asked Tyson's permission before buying it. The details are a little fuzzy right now, but I'm pretty sure he's pleased with my decision. In this picture Tyson and Bill are trying to say that their knees hurt from laying that floor all day. I just say "No Pain...No Gain!" oh..... and Thanks for taking one for the team!





This is the light fixture I picked out at Home Depot. I bought the Chandelier to match for the entry way but we will put that in after the Elder's Quorum help us move next Saturday. I'd really hate it if they rammed a bookcase into it or something!




Ta Da! The finished project! Actually, the baseboards still need to be painted but that's it. I love how it turned out. And I think it's cute that the reflection on the floor looks like a heart. "Home is where your Heart is!

Come back tomorrow to see my way stinkin' awesome kitchen!

5 comments:

Lily said...

Looks awesome Amber!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Jenny said...

Amber that looks AWESOME!! I am excited to see the kitchen!!! I am so darn jealous...what would it be like to have a finished room....maybe by the time we move I will find out! :)

Richelle said...

Yea! Looks awesome. You'll want to play the piano all day long just to stay in there.

Joe and Liz said...

It looks so pretty!! How exciting to have a house!!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Congratulations! You will smile every time you go in that room- the wood floor is beautiful. Somehow, our "dining room" ended up being a music room, too!