header picture

header picture

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ten Years


Today it has been 10 years since the day Tyson and I first met. We met at Weber State University in Ogden Utah. He had just come home from a mission to Portugal and was totally weird still. I had just transferred to Weber from Dixie and was really lonely because most of my roommates were awful and I hadn't made any new friends yet. We met at a church meeting at our Singles Ward that was for all the people who were new to the ward. We had to stand up and introduce ourselves. When he said his name I thought maybe he was related to a girl who I played Volleyball against in High School. So after the meeting I went up to ask him about it. There were tons of people in the hall and I kept getting pushed closer and closer to him and he was getting more and more uncomfortable because he hadn't been that close to a girl in two years (for all my friends who aren't LDS, he had been on a Mission for our church and they aren't allowed to have anything to do with girls for the whole 2 years). It turns out that he thought I was pretty aggressive! We actually didn't start dating for about 2 months (I started dating another guy that I met the same day instead. He turned out to be pretty boring.) and then one day Tyson needed a date for a double date with a friend. He had talked to every girl he could think of and then he saw me, asked for my number, and called the same day to ask me out. We spent almost 2 years dating and then finally got married! And it's been sweet bliss ever since! Well...mostly! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww!

The Skinners said...

Amber,

Thanks for posting! I love you blog and your family is so beautiful. Hope the move went well and that you are enjoying your new place. I am excited to be able to stay in touch.
loves,
hannah

Joe and Liz said...

Cute picture...and I love your silly family picture!

Angi said...

Hey! How are you guys doing? I found your blog through Amy Coontz's blog. It looks like you are loving your new place and the kids are having fun. I can't believe Zach has a retainer! Anything to stop that thumb-sucking, right? We love you and miss you a ton! Here's our blog: steveangi.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How cute...I love hearing fun stories like that. So I went to Dixie too...but in 2000 so I prob missed you by a couple of years.

Hey I was actually thinking about you the other day because I am starting a scrapbooking night at my house once a month and I think I remember hearing you say that you liked to scrapbook...so I was going to invite you but I didn't have your number...but if you are interested for next month...let me know!

Jenny said...

I love your family picture. It is too cute! Happy 10 years! What a funny story. I love hearing story's how people met.