header picture

header picture

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Humpty Dumpty Sat on a.....



Humpty Dumpty sat on a slide,
Humpty Dumpty took a nose dive,
His arm wouldn't straighten and yet didn't bend
So off to the ER Sir Humpty we did send!

Okay I am so not a poet but you get the idea right? My rather clumsy child, Zack, who by the way is no stranger to the ER, managed to fall off the slide (actually it might have been the teeter totter but for some reason he can't seem to remember which one) while we were spending the weekend at Grandma Debbie's house. He did this on Friday and I wasn't sure if it was hurt bad enough to take him to the doctor but he was acting like he was in a lot of pain on Saturday morning and he refused to take off his pajamas because he didn't want to bend his elbow, so I decided to go get it checked out. He may have a slight fracture but the reason he got this soft cast and sling is because the doctor was afraid he has some ligament damage in his elbow. So now we get to take him to an Orthopedic Surgeon to make sure the damage isn't too extensive and require surgery. Why couldn't the little stinker (read sweetheart) have just broken his arm and gotten a normal cast like other little boys do? Then it would have been cut and dried, over and done with by now. But now I've got to worry about him until we see Doc #2. Luckily, he doesn't seem to be in a whole lot of pain today so maybe things aren't too bad. Hopefully I can get him in to the same Ortho doctor tomorrow that Tyson goes to for his shoulder and I will keep you all updated on the situation.

Oh, remember the post about my brother having worms? Well, Zack was pretty sure that everyone at the hospital must have been there because they have worms too. He kept saying this over and over, quite loudly, I might add!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! I hope everything is alright! I'm glad I don't have as much emergency room experience with any of my children like you have had with that crazy little Zack! :) I sure hope everything is much simpler than they think it might be. Keep us informed!

Josh n Betsie said...

Hey Im glad you found me. I was wondering why I never saw you guys but I guess it is because you moved far far away. LUCKy! I can't believe your boys are 2. Your family is so cute. Keep in touch!

Debora said...

Hello, remember me, Debora Mikell (use to live in Memphis) I would love to invite you to my blog but I need an email address. Please email me at
cow242001@yahoo.com, Look forward to hearing from you.
Debora

Jenny said...

Funny, the worms part! Poor guy, I hope his elbow is okay! I do not think anything kids do could be simple! I use to think it was just my kids, but I am finding out it is all kids!!!