
So the wait is over for all 2 of you who have been anxiously awaiting my exciting news (which news by the way Tyson thought was not exciting enough to qualify for a teaser but what does he know anyway?! Just kidding Dear!) So as you can see from the picture my exciting news is that we bought me a piano! Yeah! This is actually my second piano. The first was a really pretty upright Kawai (same brand for both pianos) that I had to sell just before the twins were born so we would have money for a down payment on a mini van and so I could put the crib that the boys shared where my piano once stood. We were living in a teeny tiny apartment and there just wasn't room for a piano. But Tyson promised me we would buy another one someday and he was true to his word. This time we decided on a digital piano though. I was a bit hesitant at first because I thought Digital piano just meant "glorified Keyboard." But it turns out that Digital pianos are really cool. Here are the top ten reasons in my opinion to buy a Digital.
1) They never have to be tuned
2) You can plug in headphones and practice any time day or night. This is the best feature since the only time I am able to play is when people are sleeping.
3) It sounds just like an acoustic piano.
4) The keys are weighted and it feels just like an acoustic piano
5) You can record songs and burn them onto CD's. So it won't be long before I will post Lexi's first Solo on my blog.
6) It can sound like tons of other instruments besides just a regular piano.
7) There are a whole bunch of pre-recorded classical music pieces you can just listen too. My kids are loving this feature and I'm about to pull my hair out!
8) It's much smaller and easier to move around.
9) It has a volume control.
10) It matches my super cool lamps. Okay so this one won't apply to the average Digital piano consumer but it was a big plus for me.
I am now attempting to begin teaching Lexi Piano lessons. This will be my first attempt and I hope I don't seriously screw it up. So thanks to Tyson for being so generous and not making me beg for too long!
6 comments:
That is so amazing Amber! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait for you to record all kinds of fun music that you play and post on your blog so we can all hear! :)
Congrats my friend!
The piano is pretty sweet BUT I am LOVING those lamps. Pretty sweet decorating skills you have there Amber :)
Congratulations on the new piano! Sometimes I wish we had bought an digital piano...then I could turn it off when Owen's banging on it got to be too much! Plus it sounds pretty cool...being able to record your music and such. Good luck on the piano lessons!
Yeah...I was acually thinking that it was going to be a piano. I love digital pianos too since I have one!! I'm excited for ya! I'll email you some links of some piano lessons things I've found that are great. Have fun playing!
P.S. I love your wood floors. Aren't you just loving your house!
congrats, The piano and home look beautiful. Our home came with a "really old" piano(too big and heavy to get out of the basement). I have attempted a few times to learn how to play but I haven't stuck to it. I love the sound of a piano. I love the new look of your site. It's fun to check in on you and your family.
OH good for you! Someday we'll have a piano that is in tune and isn't shoved into our den for lack of better places to put it. Happy playing. . . i can't wait to hear Lexi!
Post a Comment