
Okay so maybe this is totally vain but It's My Birthday! I'm one of those terrible people who would classify my birthday as the most important day of the year (admit it you think the same thing about your birthday!) And I'm particularly excited about this one because I am now 30! "What" you say "why would you be excited to be that old?" No really I think it's cool. I finally feel like I'm old enough to actually know a few things about life, to contribute meaningfully to society (I signed up for PTA...way to go me!), and to have an excuse for any lapses in memory, wrinkles and fine lines, or accidentally passing gas in public. Oh wait...maybe I'm not quite that old yet!
So it's been a pretty good day so far...well mainly the same as any day. I got up, put Lexi on the bus, worked out, went to Walmart (I live just around the corner from Walmart now and I think I go there every few days just because it's so dang close), got mad at Garrett for pulling the cheesecake I bought for myself onto the floor, took Zack to preschool and now I'm blogging. So pretty normal day but I'm still enjoying it. Oh, by the way, the cheesecake is still edible just not too pretty anymore. Tonight Tyson is making dinner for me and he already bought me my piano for my birthday so I'd say I did pretty well this year! Now I wish the Birthday Fairy would come and wash my dishes for me.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you are happy to be 30, I'm not looking forward to it all that much. I just remember how fast 10 years goes by, which means 40 isn't too far behind 30! Remember 30 is the new 13...go crazy!!!
I celebrate my birthday all week. My "Birthday-week" I call it. Richard thinks I'm crazy, but I know it'll catch on someday!
You make me feel better. I turn 30 this year and I've been dreading it- I just need your perspective! And send the Dishes Fairy my way when he's done at you house :)
Happy Birthday my friend! I'm so glad you had a good one!
And actually, I am NOT one of those people who think of their bday is important. In fact, it is just another day for me and as I get older - the more I wish I wouldn't LOL. So good for you! :)
Happy Birthday!! I was glad to turn 30 to, like I was finally a grown up.rzpyg
Happy 30th birthday Amber. I'm glad you have such a positive attitude. I was completely opposite about 30, but I eventually got over it! I had forgotten you had the same birthday as Abby. Abby told me that she wanted to invite Lexi to her birthday party last Saturday, but I said we wouldn't be able to since she lived in Utah now. She was sad about that!! Then she said that when we go to Utah next we would have to go and see her. hopefully we will some day!
What a great age to be! Happy Birthday! I love your family photo at the top of the page; it's so fun!
HAppy Birthday Amber!!!
Post a Comment