
This post is a little late in coming but hey I've been busy! So on August 1st I took my kids to the International Days celebration here in town. I saw a sign "Bill Dew: Republican for Congress" and the guy on the banner looked so familiar to me. Anyway, they were giving out the balloons so I took the kids over to get some. I said Lexi's name for some reason and the girl blowing up the balloons said she had a sister named Lexia. After I got home I realized why Bill Dew looked familiar. He's the father of one of my best friends from Memphis, Lexia Thornton, and I saw his picture in her living room on a regular basis for the 2 1/2 years that we both lived in Memphis. So I emailed Lexia to make sure my suspicions were correct, and what do ya know, she was here in town helping her dad campaign! So the next day we met her at the parade and spent a few hours with Lexia, Derek, Elizabeth, Samantha and little John Derek. I haven't seen them in two years because they had moved to North Carolina so it was even more exciting to see them. Lexia was actually the first person to know I was having twins (even before my mom!). She was watching Zack and Lexi while I went to the ultrasound and when I came to get them I was crying so she thought I was having a boy (I wanted another girl!) and when I told her it was two boys she just hugged me and let me cry it out. Then she announced she was moving a few weeks later and I had to cry some more. Anyway, it is such a small world! I'm just glad I have this crazy memory that remembers things like old friends maiden names! So all you Utahn's vote for Bill Dew, he's got a great family! And thanks Lexia for spending time with me during your short vacation with your family.
5 comments:
Yay a new post and a fun story! Say hi to Lexia and Derek for me! It sounds like they have a few additions that I haven't met since they moved from Memphis. What a small world, indeed!
Cute little Lexia, I would love to have her email address... Do you mind sending it to me? micaelaforcookielee@yahoo.com
That's awesome you got to see them again. We only knew them for a short time and then they moved. But they were great!! Derek helped us out so much when we first moved to Memphis. Anyways that's so fun. I'm glad you got to see her again.
Oh yay! Your cute little picture just made my day! I LOVE it when you run into people you know in random places. You never know, maybe we'll run into each other sometime soon!
Hi there Amber! I ran across your blog and had to stop and say hi! It looks like you guys are all doing well! Drop by and say hi on my blog sometime! Great to see you!
Lily
Post a Comment