header picture

header picture

Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Stephen Colbert Moment



Tyson and I happen to think that Stephen Colbert is a pretty funny guy. We like to watch his show The Colbert Report together on the internet. We always get a pretty good laugh. I also bought Tyson Stephen Colbert's book for Christmas. We took this picture of Drake and Garrett and I was reminded of the following quote from the book. Just something to think about!

"Childrearing is arguably the most important of my core values. I believe in it, I practice it, and I ceaselessly promote it to my friends and followers. That said, generally speaking, I'm against children.

What's the matter? Did I shake you up?

See, I'm not against the conception of children; like I said, they're the only permissible reason for intercourse. And I'm not against pregnancy -- in fact, if you ask me, there's nothing more beautiful than a third trimester mother-to-be in full maternity regalia. Maybe it's the elastic. I don't know. But the effect is stunning.

No my problem is the children themselves. They may be cute, but they are here to replace us. Need proof? Ever catch one walking around in your shoes? That's a chilling moment, like finding an empty body snatcher pod in the basement.

'But children are our future!' Yes but does that not also mean that we are their past? I don't understand why we're helping them. You don't see union factory workers throwing a benefit for robots."

4 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

They are too dang cute!! That's obviously why we have them!!

Brianne said...

What a great picture! At least they are wearing some manly shoes...not your high heels! I've never heard of Stephen Colbert...I'm really out of it. He sounds funny though.

Unknown said...

What a bunch of cuties! I'm mean they are soooo handsome. :) That is a silly quote, as well!

Melissa Stubbs said...

Nice one about the sprinklers! That was a fun day! I remember all the times we would go to your house for playgroup. Those were some fun times...