header picture

header picture

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lexi's Birthday

I'm not sure exactly how this happened but my sweet little girl turned 6 today! It seems like just yesterday I was crying my way home from the hospital because I had to wear my maternity clothes home and Tyson wouldn't listen to me about the correct way to install the infant car seat (She ended up riding facing forward and I thought for sure she was going to die!) Now here she is a super cute, funny, smart, stubborn 6 year old, oh did I mention Dramatic. She just started 1st grade and even rides the bus like a big kid. Now that she is so grown up she insists on being called Alexis at school, but she will always be my little Lexi. We had two birthday parties for her. Yesterday was a friend party. I was surprised how many little girls she already knows and we've only lived here for 3 months. It was funny because we had two uninvited guests but we just went with it and had lots of fun. It was of course a Princess Party...again. In fact, I did the exact same party as last year clear down to the same red ice cubes to put in the Sprite. It was sad to see her eat her birthday cake and she didn't have a single speck of pink frosting on her face when she was done. Then today Tyson's parents and brother and Grandma Chappell all came up for a lunch and visit. Lexi loaded up with fun presents. We gave her a really cute pink bike. She was pretty excited. I'll put up some birthday pictures later but they are still on the camera and (here's my confession) I don't know how to upload them to the computer. Tyson always handles that!

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Happy Birthday Lexi! It's crazy how fast time is flying by. That's a pretty funny story about the car seat!!! I would never get to have a story like that, Scott is super paranoid about safety. He read the car seat manual about 16 times before he even attempted to install it. He's weird.

Anonymous said...

So Amber, I don't want you to think that I am stalking you, but after I saw you guys at church yesterday and said that I check your blog every once in a while I reolized after looking at the Mom and me blog that I have not looked at yours for a while...So I am feeling kind of sad that I moved just as you moved in...You and your husband seem so fun and nice and it would have been fun to still be there while you guys are. Any way this is sounding weird but I just wanted to say Hi, you family pics turned out way cute, and I am finding myself feeling somewhat sad about not being at the block party...glad you guys are liking price!

Anonymous said...

Oh and P.S. we must have just missed you at Lava Hot Springs...we go up there every year too! Tonz of fun!

Unknown said...

YAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXIS!!! Last week I was just thinking about her birthday coming up. I can't believe she is already 6! Where does the time go?!? What a grown-up little girl she is becoming!