header picture

header picture

Monday, August 18, 2014

Our Logan Trip

Last week we did one last vacation to finish out our fun, fun, fun summer! Every August we go up to Logan, UT. Tyson has training meetings for three days there because our college is part of the Utah State University program.  Poor Tyson has to sit in meetings most of the time while the kids and I go and play. On Wednesday we did some school shopping, then went to the Bluebird Chocolate Factory to see how chocolates are made. We even got to sample one at the end and, of course, ended up buying a few other things to try.  Then we went to the Cache Valley Fun Park to discover if we had any rollerblading skills.  The kids have been begging me to take them rollerblading for awhile now, but I wasn't sure they would be able to do it yet. After the first 10 minutes I was really thinking we had made a big mistake! I would tell you how many times everyone crashed but I probably can't count that high! Luckily though it didn't take too long for everyone to pick it up. Drake and Zac got especially good and really enjoyed it! They started counting how many times they went around the rink and Drake got to 70 before we had to leave and Zac got tired of counting but still hadn't fallen down. We ended up rollerblading for 3 hours with a short break in between to have some delicious pizza and a whole pitcher of Dr. Pepper!  I hadn't rollerbladed since college but I caught on pretty fast too and can honestly say that I didn't fall down even once! We may have to invest in roller blades for the whole family and make it our family sport!






On Thursday Tyson decided to skip his meeting (it was one that doesn't really apply to him anyway so it was okay!) and we took a quick day trip up to Bear Lake. That brought back tons of memories of my childhood vacations!  We went to North Shore Beach and had a great time playing in the water and building things in the sand.  Lexi and Drake found lots of really tiny seashells to bring  home.  On the way back to Logan we stopped to have some Famous Raspberry Shakes....or rather, I had a raspberry shake and everyone else had different flavors.  They were all pretty yummy though!





Friday we checked out of the hotel and did a little more shopping.  Then we waited at a park until Tyson was done with his meetings. Once again we had a really fun trip to Logan!

No comments: