Last Tuesday, the 19th, was the first day of school. Despite the pretend whining I think they were all pretty excited! All the boys are still going to Creekview Elementary.
Drake and Garrett are now in 2nd grade and their teacher is Mrs. Cox. We were looking forward to having Mrs. Fisher, but she just recently got married and decided to move to Salt Lake where her husband lives. I was a little concerned who they might get to fill her spot (we have had issues with that in the past!) but was happy they chose to put Mrs. Terrie Cox back in the classroom. She was Lexi's 2nd grade teacher, but after that she became the district ESL person, I believe. Lexi really loved having her as a teacher so I think Drake and Garrett will too. She is a very fun teacher with lots of energy and she knows what she's doing. Both boys came home on the first day saying how much they liked their teacher!
Zac is now the big dog at school since it's his last year of Elementary. His 5th grade teacher is Mrs. Lisa Johnson. She always does a fun theme in her class and this year she chose Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. She's a great teacher and I'm sure Zac will really enjoy her class. Zac has come home from school every day excited to tell me all the cool things they are doing. And he's happy because his friends Jackson Smith and Garrett Bryner are in his class.
Lexi started her first day as a Middle Schooler. She didn't say so, but I'm pretty sure this is as close as she wanted us get to walking her in to class! I did walk around the school with her during her orientation earlier in the summer and then again a few weeks ago at registration, so she was feeling pretty confident already. This is the first year for having a middle school here (formerly it was a Junior High) so she doesn't even have to be the youngest kid in school. She also made the Middle School volleyball team which was very exciting. The tryouts were hard and there were lots of people cut, so she was happy to make it. She has been going to practice for two hours a day after school and has been pretty tired and sore!
We are all looking forward to a fun and successful 2014-2015 school year!








No comments:
Post a Comment