Last weekend we went to the Hoyt Family Reunion (my parents, siblings and their kids.) First though we went to Loa on Thursday night to pick up our kids. They had been staying there with Tyson's parents for 4 days without us.Who knows what kind of antics they got up to while they were there?! (I do want to blog about their week but I have to get the pictures first so it may be awhile.) I do know there was some fishing with bare hands, some BB gun practice, some camping in the yard, and the consumption of a lot of apple juice! I also need to blog about what Tyson and I did for our 4 days of constant date time. But for now we return to the Hoyt Family Reunion.....we stayed the night in Loa on Thursday and then got up bright and early so we could make it to the fun activities with my family. The first thing we did was go to the Zion Ponderosa Resort to do some swimming. The pool was pretty cold but the kids had a fun time swimming anyway. I had good intentions of getting in but I made it up to about my knees and chickened out. Tyson dipped one toe in and decided it was a great day for tanning (and snoozing!) in the lounge chairs! The kids all loved the fun rock slides and the hot tubs were in constant demand.
Then we went up to the cabin we had rented on Cedar Mountain. We went to this same cabin two years ago so we knew it was a good location, especially for little kids who like to catch critters. There weren't as many horny toads this year but we did find a few. We mostly spent the rest of the day making marshmallow sculptures, playing volleyball, searching for horny toads, and chatting with family. Tyson had lots of time over the weekend to do some pretty amazing wildlife photography. I was super impressed with the shots he got. I'm going to have to do a blog post just about those. We also had a really delicious prime rib dinner with gourmet dutch oven potatoes. Gerry and Jill really outdid themselves on that one!
Of course we all stayed up late and the kids got to play night games with their cousins (finally!)










No comments:
Post a Comment