header picture

header picture

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Energy Days

I'm a little behind on my blogging these days. We have just been running from one activity to the next and I haven't had time, or haven't even been home, in order to keep up on it. Fortunately we will be home for the next three weeks and maybe I can finally catch up with my life! One can always hope anyway! We had such a good time at the 4th of July celebration that I wanted to be sure to post about it. Around here there are lots of coal, oil, and natural gas companies so our celebration on the 4th is called Energy Days. I guess since the energy companies pay for it they can call it whatever they want. One of the nice things about this event is that it's all free. We started off the night with a hotdog dinner, chips, watermelon and drinks with Coldstone Ice Cream for dessert.

Then the kids rode the mechanical bull and played on the bounce houses/obstacle course. They also had fun competing in a little jousting. I love how determined Garrett is to ride that bull. Turns out it a lot more difficult than he thought!




The Foam Pit was especially fun......until kids got soap in their eyes and down their throats!


We also watched a Hypnotist show, had snow cones and watched the fireworks.  We were there almost 5 hours but it flew by really fast because everyone was having so much fun.  Happy Independence Day to all!

No comments: