This weekend my parents came up for a visit. We went to the CEU volleyball game (we won!) to a park, Trick or Treating (in the rain!), and my mom and I went shopping. It's funny but as a child I remember my mom being forced to go shopping and now she suggests it whenever she comes to visit. She was even wearing big dangling earrings (she finally got her ears pierced just a few years ago). This is not the same woman that raised me! Not that its bad, I just think my sister Sara, who just turned 20 yesterday, is having more of an influence on her than any of the rest of us ever could. Then this morning Tyson's parents also came up and we went to church to watch the kids in the Primary Program. They did a great job, even though the lady prompting them on the speaking parts told Garrett to say Drake's part. Then Drake got up and before she could give him the wrong part he hurried and said the one he had already memorized. You couldn't really understand either one of them though, so I'm sure no one noticed that they both said the same thing. After Church we had a great lunch and my parents left for home.

I think Tyson deserves to get a commission from Apple for selling Ipads. Here he's trying to convince my mom she needs one. She probably trying to persuade my dad to get one at this very moment. Tyson's parents did get one, so Tyson has spent half the day getting it programmed for them and giving them a tutorial.

This is my Dad hanging out with the boys. This is really how he smiles for pictures. He doesn't smile like this in real life but always in pictures!

Lexi has been trying to get everyone interested in Greek Mythology (she recently read the Lightning Thief series...it's pretty good by the way). Grandpa Bill looks interested.

Drake and Garrett are enjoying some reading time with Grandma Susan.

We had a great weekend. Thanks to all the grandparents for making the trip.
5 comments:
What a beautiful family! You and your Mom look quite a bit alike! How fun that they would all come to visit!
Your children are lucky to have both sets of grandparents visit in one weekend. How fun!
He doesn't smile in real life. . . i'm cracking up! HA!
Amber...Your family is ADORABLE! I love your white dress coat...so classy!!
Hope you are doing well in every way!
speaking of mythology, and knowing that you are addicted to books, I read a young adult book a while ago that I really liked. It's called Foresight if you want to check it out. :)
Post a Comment