header picture

header picture

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Randomness

Just a few thoughts about summer that I wanted to share.

Is it just us or do all children look like they've been abused during the summer? We didn't whack him with a baseball bat, I swear it! This is what happens when twin boys wrestle too close to the stone fireplace. Last time one of my kids hit their head on a fireplace it took 6 stitches (Zac, of course.) I was glad this one was just a goose egg that turned into a pretty wicked bruise....just in time for the big family reunion.

We took all our broken crayons and melted them down for one of our projects. By the way crayons in the oven make terrible fumes.

But we ended up with these marvelously artistic creations. Not too practical for actually coloring but they were fun anyway.


Then of course there has to be at least one summer bike parade. This was at the ward 24th of July celebration. (yes, us Utahns celebrate twice in July...we must like to party when its hotter than....necessary outside.)

In case you were wondering, this is the summer of the Monster Truck shirt for Drake. He wears it whenever its not in the washer.


We also had a great time at International Days, another sort of random celebration that our community has each year at the end of July. We played in bouncy houses, had slushies, won stuffed animals and were given bike helmets...all for free, I might add. You gotta love International Days!

Its been an awesome summer. Just a few more weeks til we're back in school. Where has the time gone?

2 comments:

Richelle said...

Your crayons look very familiar. I didn't use an oven though. Glad for that. Looks like you've been having a great summer. Can't believe its almost over.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

cool crayons!