This week I took the kids to a family reunion at Lava Hot Springs in Idaho. Tyson wasn't able to go with us since it is finals week. Poor guy sure misses out on all the fun!
I didn't have a camera with me except for my cell phone which takes terrible pictures that I don't know how to upload anyway. The above picture is part of the family enjoying the talent show that I stole from cousin Brittany's blog. And I do mean part of the family. My mom is the oldest of 14 kids. Each of the 14 kids families got a different color of T-shirt. Somehow my moms family got the bright orange color. Next time I'm sending a representative to the shirt picking meeting! Though they'll be great if I ever decide I want to go hunting. And it was easy to keep track of my kids so they wouldn't fall in the river.
We had a fun time rafting the river (thanks to my sister Sara, Mom, and uncle Kim for helping me get all my kids down the river without any tragedy!), swimming in the pool, hot tubbing, marshmallow fights, eating lots of good food, and playing baseball. We also got some great water squirters. My grandma asked Drake if his worked and he unleashed its full fury on her. It was pretty funny. My kids were very excited to be sleeping in a hotel. Our Lava trips are about the only time that they get to experience this extravagance.
I'm glad to be home now though. Vacations are so exhausting, in a good way of course!
2 comments:
This is one of our very fav vacations!!! Glad you guys had fun!!!
we just went there a month or so ago and it was my first time. It's too bad I had never been there before, because it's so much fun. That's cool that you guys have your family reunions there. Good tip on the education website, thanks. Ü
Post a Comment