My sweet little Lexi girl turned 8 yesterday. It seems like not that long ago when I cried all the way home from the hospital because we couldn't get her carseat in the right way (and because I was still fatter than I thought was strictly necessary!)
We decided to do her birthday a bit differently this year since she had quite a few presents. Usually I just buy one big gift and that's it but this year it was a collection of things. So we let her open one present the night before her birthday (because we wanted to play with it and couldn't wait!) It was a Playstation 3 High School Musical Karaoke game which we played with for hours. If you ever need to know the lyrics to "The boys are back" then give me a call!

Then on her birthday she got to open a present each hour beginning at 8:00 and ending at 5:00. That way the fun was spread out throughout the day rather than 15 minutes of excitement.
At 8:00 a.m. she opened a couple of books Ella Enchanted and The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine.

At 9:00 she got a CTR (Choose The Right) ring.

At 10:00 we finally got dressed and took the party outside to where Dad was working in the yard. (He had so much fun spreading the 12 tons of rocks that he bought 17 more tons.) She opened a High School Musical board game. She's having a sleepover party this weekend with a HSM theme, hence the two HSM games.

At 11:00 she opened her All About Me journal. I was so excited when I found this journal on Amazon because Lexi keeps showing an interest in journaling but thinking of things to write was a challenge. This book gives "thought starters" and then you write an answer to the question. Like "what makes you sad?" or "Describe where you live" etc.
Then at 12:00 she opened this cute outfit from Grandma Susan and Grandpa Bill. She had to try it on right away!

Then I sort of lost interest in taking a picture each hour so here is a picture of her at the end of the day. She also got a really nice set of scriptures from her Great Grandma, and two sweaters from Grandma Susan and Grandpa Bill, and a CTR star necklace. She also got the digital camera that Tyson and I bought right before she was born. About a year later Tyson had passed it on to his parents because he bought a nicer camera and now they have passed it on to Lexi. It still works really well too. She was soooooooo excited! She's been walking around taking pictures of everything and now she wants to start scrapbooking.

Happy Birthday Lexi!!!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Lexi!!! I was just thinking about it being her birthday this month! I can't believe she is already 8 yrs old!!! I always know how old Lexi is based on my time here in Memphis. Awww, we miss you guys so much! Happy Birthday, Lexi! You were just a little bitty babe in a car seat when I met you the first time. What a cute baby you were, indeed!
Happy Birthday Lexi...wow is she already 8!!! That sounds like such an awesome day for her! We love High School musical over here so we'd have a blast doing karaoke with you guys!
Happy Birthday, Lexi!! I really can't believe these kids are turning 8 this year! Steven will be 8 in November. It seems like just yesterday they were all so little and in playgroup and preschool together. :)
Post a Comment