header picture

header picture

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Joys of Summer

I've decided to post a few more pictures of some of the everyday summer activities we've been doing of late.

I participated for the first time with Bountiful Baskets. I got all this yummy produce for only $15. Go HERE to see if you have a Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op in your area. I didn't have to do any planting, weeding, harvesting, or even shopping. I just drove a few miles down the road and filled up my laundry basket.


Tyson and the kids have gone on some really long bike rides. Here they are going on a trip to Daddy's school to play racquetball. It's 7 miles round trip. They ended up calling me to come pick them up though because it started to rain.

And they're off on the "road less traveled by." I only say that because this road is actually more like a driveway that goes to two houses up behind our house. I love how it looks in the summer with the trees lining both sides. Sometimes I feel like I live in a park. Then Fall comes and I start cussing because there are so many leaves to rake up and somehow the wind always blows them all into my yard.


I made cherry pie filling. I haven't done very much canning in my life (yet) so it's still amazes me when I get it right. These cherries came from our pie cherry tree. It's amazing how a whole bunch of sugar can even make those nasty cherries taste amazing! After pitting 7 quarts of cherries I told myself I would never do this again...but I'll probably forget the agony by next year...kinda like giving birth. At this point though I think I'd rather go through labor than pit more cherries.

We also made a trip to Tyson's parents house to mow and rake their lawn while they were on a fancy schmancy cruise somewhere in Scandinavia. I never realized how much lawn they have! Then when I thought we were done Tyson said we needed to go mow the lawn of their rental house. We stole some chips from their cupboard though as payment!

We might have also taken the lawnmower for a joy ride.

Or two....

Okay...a few joy rides!


Ahhh...the joys of summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah! So much fun!! I miss my Amber!