
I intend to fully immerse myself in it until the very last page. Therefore, I have done everything I could to prepare my home and family for a period of neglect. I can't help myself, I know that as soon as I turn the first page I will no longer be living in reality. I will become a mighty rebel taking on the Capitol, making snarky remarks to my drunk friend, Haymitch, and trying to save "the boy with the bread" from certain torture. It's going to be awesome! So to my dear husband and family, I love you and will miss you. I will return from Panem as soon as I can. If things get particularly bad, Tyson, call your mother. She's lives close enough she can come up and help. Oh dang, maybe I should make sure she's okay with being "on call!" There's always more to do!
UPDATE: I'm totally distraught. My mail lady didn't come through for me today and now I have to wait until Monday. I'm not sure who to blame: Amazon for not shipping it until the release date (how dare they?!!!), the Postal Service for not driving a bit faster (seriously does it take 2 days to come from Salt Lake, I can drive there myself in 2 hours!), Walmart and Kmart for not having it for sale (there are no real bookstores in town) or myself for not paying extra for expedited shipping. Sigh.....
14 comments:
I already neglected my family this week! I read it in less than 2 days! It was fantastic! Hope you enjoy! I am ready to read them all again!
Lucky you Amber...I still need to get my hands on that book!! I'm so excited...those books are awesome. Enjoy your night of reading!!!
I hope you know I'll be asking to borrow your copy from you when you're finished (just like the previous copies of this series). :) Just be prepared.
Can't wait to read it...and sorry that you have to wait until Monday...that totally stinks. But, at least half of your kids will be in school and then you won't have to feel like you are neglecting them as much.
I made myself finish cleaning Kamrie's room(which was a disaster) before I could go to the mail box!
I feel totally left out! I have seen several blog posts on this new book coming out. I have never heard of it. I guess I am going to have to go and get the first book and get reading! Is this a series that I am going to have to order at a church book store or it is available at anywhere?
Hope it shows on Monday! It is worth the weight!
Jenny, it's not a church book. I have all three if you want to borrow them.
Hmmm, I've heard of this book and that the series is great, but I haven't read any of them yet. Now you've got me all excited!! Sorry you have to wait until Monday. :(
I remember a time in the near past where I was harassed for getting involved in a video game and I heard the guilt trip, "I think you might enjoy that game more than spending time with your family". I'm glad that you have found something that you enjoy more than your family...........ha ha j/k sweetie! I cant wait for you to get that book so that you'll quit moping around the house ;)
Did your copy come today? Our Walmart didn't have it--they didn't even know what I was talking about. I ended up going to Target to get it instead. It was perfect timing, though, because we flew to Utah on Wed for a job interview, so I got to read in the car and on the plane.
I did get my copy today, yeah! I've spent the last 7 hours reading it and now I'm finished. Though, I'm planning on reading it again much slower so I catch all the plot points. All of you who have asked to borrow it will have to wait for an extra day or two. Sorry, I'm feeling selfish. I'm glad to say I picked the right boy for the heroine this time (unlike in Twilight)!
Did you like the book? I finished it a few days ago too. I am trying to decide what I think of it still.
We just bought the books since everyone has been going on about them lately. I trust your book judgment so I am expecting to love them. At least I trusted it until I just read that you are a jacob fan! :) I can't believe it took so long to get the book, I would have been furious. What's the deal with Walmart not having it?? Someone needs to hear a few words from you, I think. Glad you got it finally.
Yeah Mockingjay! You are the best. I didn't prepare- I just locked myself in the bedroom all day! :D
Post a Comment