header picture

header picture

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Solemnly Resolve To....

Some my loyal readers may remember my 2009 resolution. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about you can refer to my archives of Jan. 2009. Anyway, it was, to say the least, extremely frivolous. More of a joke than anything else....but the funny thing is, it was really easy to keep! And here's my proof.


I considered making another simple resolution...like drink a cherry coke every day or read at least one book a week, or eat more chocolate. But now that I've proven to myself that I can actually keep a New Year's Resolution I've decided to make a real resolution this year. One that will be much more difficult, yet ultimately more rewarding. I'm stealing an idea from my friend, DeDe, who is a mega-star in the digital scrapbooking world. (designzbydede.blogspot.com) It's called Project 365. The idea is that you take at least one picture a day. Then you do a two page scrapbook layout of the 7 pictures of the week with a short journal entry. By the end of the year you will have 104 pages that tell the story of your year. I've completed my 1st week (well, not the scrapbooking part!) and thought I'd share. Don't worry I won't make it a habit of showing you every single week. If you want that you'll have to come to my house and see the scrapbook (assuming it actually gets made...see how much I doubt my own ability at following through on resolutions!)

Jan 1st - My mom, Lexi, and I all got haircuts from my sister-in-law. Lexi was supposed to be letting hers grow out so she can be Pocahontas for next Halloween but she likes it to be "bouncy." I guess we'll be buying a wig next Halloween.


Jan 2nd -- I actually used this picture to show that our kids were puking in the wee hours of the new year but really that was Lexi and Zac (but I didn't take a picture of them). For some reason the past few times my kids have been sick it's gone in birth order. So next time Lexi pukes I'm handing Zac a bucket, just in case. This was Garrett having his turn.


Jan. 3 -- Drake and Garrett had their first day in Sunbeams. They did pretty good. Other than the wrestling match that occured half-way through singing time. I'm a primary teacher so I get to observe my children's behavior in church. It's entertaining to say the least. Garrett's already dressed in his jeans because he played in the drinking fountain and was soaked.


This is our dog, Jasper. He thinks he's Snoopy. I felt like paparazzi trying to get this picture. Every time I'd step out the back door he'd jump off the dog house and run for me so I'd dash back in the house and he'd go back to his perch. Finally on about the 6th try he decided I was crazy and he just stayed put....briefly.


Jan. 5th -- Lexi loves her tumbling class. Here she is doing a round off. I always wished I could do that!


Jan 6th - I hit the case lots sale at Smith's today. I saved $85 and my pantry shelves are looking pretty full.


Zac has had a bit of an attitude problem of late. Finally, on Sunday we took drastic measures and confiscated all of his toys (except two) and he has to earn them back with good behavior. Two days of good behavior equals one toy. It took more than two days but he did earn back a toy and what do you suppose he chose? A BOX! A stinkin' spinach box! He'd been making it into a space ship. I gave him his Nerf gun too because I couldn't stand the thought of him only having a box to play with. This is so typical of him!


I wish you all luck in your resolutions this year and feel free to pray for me to be able to accomplish mine. I will most certainly need divine assistance to complete my project!

8 comments:

The Jackson's said...

Congrats on keeping your resolution! I think I am going to steal your idea and buy me a new pair of earrings every month! I hope I don't forget it!!
As for your pictures...I LOVE looking at pics, so you can put as many on here as you want!! I am sure we would all love to see what you are up too.

dedesmith32 said...

Okay - I'm so stinking proud of you! I promise you that if you really do take a picture a day and journal - It is so so so so WORTH it. And I say DO post your photos/journaling on your blog - that way you have them saved somewhere and when you do get around to scrapbooking - they are already there awaiting you! And one more thing - I dare you to TRY to do digital scrapbooking - I promise its awesome!

Okay enough from me - way awesome Amber!

Joe and Liz said...

That's an awesome goal Amber. Good luck! I remember your earring resolution and remember thinking how cool that was. One of these years I'll try it. By the way one of the earrings you have is just like one I have!!

Julie said...

Okay, you are seriously hilarious. Love your resolution for last year. And, I've been eyeing the 365, but instead, I'm trying to take a picture a day, and I'm putting it into a digital calendar that I will print out at the end of the year. I found the calendar at jessicasprague.com. It was a freebie for Christmas.
I'd like to see the pics, too.
Oh, and I need a book recommendation.

Jenny said...

LOVE all the earrings!!! I am going to tell Matthew that is what I doing this year! :)

Amber Chappell said...

Liz, I'm not surprised that you have the same pair of earrings as me. I think we should wear our matching red dresses to church on Sunday! Of course, we're 1600 miles apart so no one will ever know.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

What a cool idea! I think I'll find a simple resolution for myself this year too. love it!

Brianne said...

Good job on keeping your resolutions last year! You are a hero to everybody!

Speaking of that...I keep meaning to write and tell you THANK YOU for the Christmas ornaments. I love them...and they hung on my tree all season long. I felt really bad about not writing to say thank you, but you know about me and procrastination (did I even spell that right? It doesn't look right. Oh well.)

I wish you luck on your new resolution. It's a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be worth it!