Jan 8, 2010 -- Lexi got her first retainer today. It is supposed to push her front two teeth together so she doesn't have a gap plus pull them back a bit so she doesn't have buck teeth. It also has a green "dinglebead" (that's the dentist's term, not mine....he designed this retainer himself and no one else does them like this) which will help her stop sucking her thumb at night and teach her to swallow differently so she doesn't push her front teeth forward with her tongue.

Jan 9, 2010 -- I already posted the picture for today. It is going to be the one from the previous post of Garrett trying to lace his ice skates.
Jan 10, 2010 -- We attempted to get a picture of the kids in their matching Christmas sweaters that Grandma Susan and Grandpa Bill gave them. This is their "just relaxin'" pose.

Jan 11, 2010 -- We've started a new discipline program. We are a family of Harry Potter fans so we chose a HP theme for our behavior chart. Good behavior earns you House Points and bad behavior takes away House Points. At the end of the month whoever reached their goal can pick a reward from the treasure box. My children have been perfect (almost...) for 3 days. Yeah!

Jan 12, 2010 -- Tyson bought me a real IPOD. It's a nano and super cute. He also bought me an armband so I can wear it when I (attempt to) run. He said its a present in advance for the awesome job I'm going to do on our taxes this year. Ugghhh...I hate doing the taxes. That's probably why he gave it to me early, for a little motivation.

Jan 13, 2010 -- Wednesdays are really hard for Tyson. He goes to work just after 7:00 a.m. and doesn't get home until almost 9:00 p.m. He lectures for 6 of those hours in 4 different classes and then prepares during the in between hours. This picture is just after he got home. He did perk up enough to go make a plate of nachos though, which is a good indication that everything is still right with the world.

Jan 14, 2010 -- Zac started his basketball camp through Carbon Recreation today. He loves basketball and has been very excited for this. It's once a week for the next 6 weeks.
10 comments:
You're so funny Amber...I hope my comment makes your week! :)
Wow what a fantastical fantastical blog entry!!! Super spectacular and awesome! What a cute family! If it wasn't for the big ugly mean bear that looked like he was in hibernation sitting on that black chair I'd think "wow! that is a perfect family! They should win an award or something for being such a perfect awesome family." I'd even throw a parade for that family.....but, alas, it will never happen.....clear because the cantankerous bear IS a part of that family. boo hoo to you all. No parade and no candy.
It's hard to decide which picture to comment on. I love the good behavior HP program you are beginning. Such happy cute Chappell kids in each picture. It takes good parents to make fun, smart, funny and happy kids. They are getting one great experience after another. You two are wonder parents! Our grands are very lucky to have you both!
I think it should count for the 365thing if you just blog everyday and then make one of those blurb books. It just seems easier, but I have never been much of a scrap booker. In a perfect world I would be....Love the retainer and Tyler liked the picture of Tyson sleeping.Ü
I love all the pictures! Keep them coming!!
So, I'm assuming the "perfect for 3days" was before Garrett bit Drake when I was over? It is really nice when you get a few of those good days, it makes up for the times when you can't wait for them to go to bed at night! Even though you love them all the same! PS I wish my readers commented as much as yours, I've had 2 posts up for a few days and not a comment yet :(
Garrett biting Drake was the reason I put that my children had been "almost" perfect!
Okay, I'll bite and leave a comment. But, it's only to say that I think you're funny. Thanks for making me laugh.
I love Amber's blog! It makes me laugh and she deserves a million comments!
I like how the Hogwarts houses were chosen- the eldest children grabbed Ravenclaw and Gryffendor quick and left the poor twins with the dregs.
Clearly this is the most awesome-est blog EVER! :D And wow, I can't believe how grown up Lexi looks - especially with her new haircut! And I LOVE the pics of all the kids in their matching attire! I vote for a parade and candy for the ENTIRE family - even the sleepy member. ;o)
Miss you! I really enjoyed our chat the other day. We need to do that more often. Oh, how I wish you guys lived closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I don't quite think I can emphasize it enough!)
Post a Comment