header picture
Thursday, January 8, 2009
New Year's Resolutions
So it's that time of year again when we all start contemplating our lives and thinking about what we can do to make them better. As we all know New Year's resolutions have a bad rap of being broken sometime before Valentines Day. I can verify this based on the fact that our phone number in Memphis was one digit off from the number of a very large fitness center. All through January we would get tons of calls with questions like "Do you have a tennis court?", "Is there free babysitting at your place?", "Are you open to guests anytime, day or night?" And of course, my answer was always no. If I was being especially nice I would tell them the correct number as well! After the first year or two of having a ton of phone calls I realized that by Valentines Day life would be back to normal. The light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. So this year I decided to make a resolution that I absolutely knew that I could keep. Something that would make a real difference in my life. My inspiration struck about the third time the twins dumped everything out of my jewelry box, and I realized I had a ton of mismatched earrings which I'll probably never find the mate to (because they've fallen down the vent in the floor.) So my New Year's Resolution is to buy myself a new pair of earrings every month this year. I am currently wearing my "January Earrings" and I've had a ton of compliments on them today. Already, my New Year's Resolution is making me feel like a better person! Yeah! So the moral of this story is LET THIS BE THE YEAR YOU MAKE A RESOLUTION YOU CAN ACTUALLY KEEP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amber-your idea is brilliant! And you never fail to make me laugh! Happy New Year!
I love it! You get to feel pretty, get compliments, and feel good about keeping your resolution!!
That is a great resolution!! I love that idea...I might have to copy it! :)
Post a Comment