Today we went Ice Falling. I can't really call it
skating since we didn't actually do much skating, just a lot of good ol' fashion wipeouts! Every winter the county does a free ice skating day on a pond by the Fairgrounds (have I mentioned I love it here!) with free skates, hot chocolate and chili. Though, as it turns out, they clean up the hot chocolate and chili too soon and the people not paying attention get left out. But we still had a really good time. Tyson even said he might put on skates next time, which is definite progess. His usual excuse is that when your 6'3" that's an awful long way to fall. I wanted to skate too but I knew I wouldn't be able to while trying to help all the kids. Maybe next time. Now for some pictures.
At first there was lots of this.

Then there was lots of this.

And this...

And even this...

Drake mostly did this (and now my back is soooooo sore!)

And this was just so cute I had to add it...

And in the end they could all stand up at the same time.....as long as they were holding on to each other.
Maybe next time we can move on to actual skating.
6 comments:
Awwwww....that almost makes me want to go ice falling, too.
Hey, see if you can get Richelle to invite me to her blog! I'd love to see how she's doing.
I didn't know there was a skating rink here. Is it open all the time. I love to ice skate. That looks like fun!
When I saw your post title, I thought you were going to tell me you are somehow related to the people that fell through the ice on snowmobiles in Vermont. Phew.
Seems like you always know what the community events are. I knew there was a rink, but I didn't know about free day. You'll have to start a side link with events. He he.
Next time, let me watch your kids, and you guys go skating. Then we'll switch.
Cute pictures of your kids!! I love the mountains in the background!
I think that you are so brave to bring your four kids ice skating! It looks like you had fun though!
Hey Grandchildren! We are very proud of you for ice skating. Both grandpa Bill and I skated while growing up but not as young as the boys. We were both around Lexi's age. Bill played ice hockey on the river bottoms (Loa narrows) and my family went to the Provo boat harbor. We hope you kids will grow up enjoying it as much as we both did. You all looked like you were really trying hard. You all make us so happy. Grandma Susan & Grandpa Bill
Post a Comment