
Tyson and I haven't been to the dentist for several years and finally decided to go since now we have insurance. So yesterday Tyson had to have his very first cavities filled. Can you believe that? He is almost 33 and has his first cavities. He had never experienced the whole numbing of the mouth thing and he found it to be a rather odd sensation. He came home after his appointment and his smiled looked so dorky we had to take a picture of it! We were laughing pretty hard which is also why his face is red and his eyes are watering. He had to go back to work and teach a class during which his mouth was numb until about halfway through. He said he even drooled once when he got a drink. I'm not sure if that was in front of the students or during a break though.
I also had to go to the dentist yesterday. I've had a tooth that has been making for some very sleepless nights. The dentist thinks I may need a root canal at some point but he's not sure which tooth it is. So pretty much I have to wait until it gets worse and we can isolate which tooth it is. He thinks it's one that I already have a crown on. But it's hard to tell because my mouth was hurting on top and bottom on the left side. A root canal doesn't sound too fun so pray for me! I also have to get two cavities filled in a couple of weeks.
2 comments:
Good luck at the dentist! I've got to get a filling redone, but they are waiting until after the baby is born. I can't believe Tyson hasn't had a cavity filled in 33 years...way to go Tyson. He must have some strong teeth. Let's hope your kids got those same strong teeth! Our kids have no hope.
Ha Ha! I've never had a cavity! We're on the family dentist plan-that is, Richard's dad is a dentist.
Post a Comment