header picture

header picture

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Get To Know You: Garrett Jaxon


I thought I'd steal an idea from one of my cousins and spend one blog post talking all about each one of my kids individually. I promise I'm not playing favorites but I thought I'd start with Garrett first. Garrett is my third child (by all of 6 minutes!). He was a very pretty baby and super healthy. He weighed 7 lbs 9 oz. His birthday is Sept. 14th and he just turned two. He was named after my dad, Gerry. Garrett is extremely energetic and sometimes (always?) hard to keep up with. I try to think one step ahead of him but I rarely can anticipate what he's going to do next. He's very "creative" to put it in positive terms. He is my only blue eyed child even though Tyson and I both have brown eyes. We were very excited that he had blue eyes because it helps other people tell the twins apart.



Garrett is really starting to talk well. The other day Tyson had made breakfast and Garrett said "Good toast, DaDa." and then "Please more juice?" He also loves animals and whenever he sees a dog he says "Hi dog, dog, dog, dog." He is also a crazy TV addict. He loves Barney, Elmo and especially Dorda (Dora). He also loves all food. He always eats anything I put in front of him even when none of the other kids will touch it. It's because of him that I continue making real dinners instead of just Mac & Cheese all the time. His favorite food though is still Bananas. He also loves McDonalds (yuck!) and every time we drive by there he yells "Breakfast!" Breakfast is the word he uses for anything referring to food, whether it be Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or just a Snack.



Garrett loves to take baths and he always begs for bubbles. Except, he actually hates bubbles. He starts crying if any of them get on his arms, hands or face (it's okay though if they're on his legs.) So Drake likes to antagonize him by throwing bubbles in his face. After his bath he always tries to escape before I can dress him and run around butt naked laughing like a crazy maniac. When he gets dressed you have to kiss each hand and foot. I only kiss feet though if he's fresh out of the tub because man those things stink sometimes! He has a favorite blankie that he sleeps with. It is blue with trains on it and was given to us by a girl we knew in Memphis, Emily Codner.



Anyway, that's a summary of my sweet and somewhat crazy little angel! I hope I didn't use the word "crazy" too many times in this post. It's just one of the best ways to describe the crazy little guy!

2 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

he is so cute! I might steal that idea. When I get time to do it.

Joe and Liz said...

Cute post...love the idea. I can't believe how big he is now! Still so cute!