header picture

header picture

Monday, December 26, 2016

Sledding and Setting Sights

A few days before Christmas we got a decent little snow storm so we made an impromptu trip to Big 5, while we were out looking at Christmas lights, and bought each of the kids a new tobaggan. I guess they were early Christmas presents. Then, even though it was dark and they didn't have snow clothes on, we let them try a few runs down the hill at Pioneer park. That didn't last long....it probably had something to do with the lack of appropriate warm clothing, so today we took them out by Pinnacle Peak to try again. We had gotten even more snow by then. Of course they picked the biggest hill they could find which turned out to be a pretty scary ride and too hard to hike back up each time! It didn't take long before they picked a smaller, less intense hill to try out and then they seemed to have a lot more fun! Zac may end up a little bruised on his rear end from the tree stump he ran over. The hazards of sledding in the wild!







While the kids were sledding and I was taking pictures and video (until my battery died!) Tyson was sighting in his new .22 pistol. There is a decent little gun range set up out by Pinnacle Peak that is free to use. It's only a couple of miles from our house and yet we've never used it much. I have a feeling that with this new toy of Tyson's we will be out there more often! Maybe we'll even up the ante and buy some nice targets instead of just shooting at boxes with hand drawn bulls-eyes on them! 


Memorable Moment: Here is the cute snowman the kids made with Grandma Susan on Christmas Eve. They used the snowman kit that Grandma Debbie gave them for Christmas last year. I love the top hat!


Memorable Moment #2: A bonus Memorable Moment....Tyson and I had an exciting date to the optometrist and both got glasses. My Lasik was great for 16 years but I need a little correction now for reading and driving. Tyson's vision is still pretty good but he wanted the slight correction they were able to give him.






No comments: