header picture

header picture

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Gingerbread Houses

On Sunday we finally got around to making our gingerbread houses. I had bought the supplies quite awhile ago but just getting up the energy, and finding time, to do it seemed completely beyond me this year. We ended up making the houses one night (yes, I hot glued them together again. It really is the best way!) and then decorated them the next day. Lexi even made the frosting for me because she really wanted us to get things moving. They all had fun and made some really cute and creative houses. The rule is that they can only eat candy off their own house, but I'm not sure how seriously some children are taking that mandate!









MEMORABLE MOMENT: The kids decided to play Lexi's homemade Hunger Games themed board game that she made a few years ago. I forgot how awesome it was! It has terror cards, "life" cards, action cards, cards to find out what's in your backpack that you found at the beginning of the game. She even made little people out of painted wood blocks. It is very cleverly made! If the whole vet thing doesn't work out maybe she could have a career in the board game industry!

No comments: