We also opened the Christmas presents the kids made/bought us. Lexi gave me an adorable emergency chocolate bar and gave Tyson a bag of pistachios. She is such a giver! Drake and Garrett each made a cookbook and a sock snowman at school. They gave us one of the cookbooks and the other to Grandma Susan. They gave me one of the snowmen and one was supposed to be for Grandma Debbie but we forgot it. Whoops! I might have done it on purpose because they were too cute to give up! Zac gave us the gift of photobombing all the pictures during the week! Which was awesome because usually he hates pictures.
On the 23rd we headed down to Orderville even though the weather wasn't amazing and we had some drama trying to get everything to fit in the Tahoe. But we made it safe and sound and were able to take most everything with us and I learned how to switch into 4 WD! On Christmas Eve we went to the program at Grandma and Grandpa's church. My sister-in-law was in charge of it and most of her kids were involved in it. They did a great job.
After the program we came home and had a Mexican themed Christmas Eve dinner with my parents and my brother Gerry's family. And of course we had to do the traditional reading of Barney the Beaver that my parents have been doing every Christmas for 40 years! My kids had never heard it before though because we've never been with my parents for Christmas. It has been 15 years since I spent Christmas with my parents...we were long overdue!
After Gerry's family left we had to open the traditional Christmas Eve pajamas from Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Gerry. Lexi was pretending she didn't know what hers were even though she picked them out herself. We had been driving to the store when I got a text so I asked her to read it because I don't check my texts while I'm driving. So she read out "Amber, will you get Lexi and Zac pajamas for me, Mom." Ummm....whoops again! I guess at least she was able to get the ones she wanted and try them on.
MEMORABLE MOMENT: I keep forgetting to do my memorable moment on my posts, but here's one for today. Lexi, who really wants to be a vet when she grows up, got to give Gryffin his shots. She loved it (he probably didn't!) and did a great job!




No comments:
Post a Comment