header picture

header picture

Monday, January 4, 2016

Brian Head Adventure!

After Christmas with my parents we drove to Brian Head Ski Resort to spend a few days with Tyson's parents and celebrate a little more Christmas! They had rented a cute little condo for all of us and we spent 3 days playing in the snow and hanging out in the condo together eating, playing games and watching movies. The first night we were there we opened presents from Bill, Susan and Uncle Shay. Bill and Susan gave the kids snow boarding lessons which was very exciting for all of them! Uncle Shay gave Drake a big Lego set and the other three got drones. Spoiled kids! Bill, Susan and Shay gave us an Iphone 5 and an Amazon gift card. I think the Iphone was technically supposed to be for Tyson, but he hasn't really joined the cell phone generation yet. He prefers to just carry around a prepaid Tracphone and just use it on the rare occasions when he needs it. Most of the time it's not even on, and texting? Forget about it! But he gets much better reception with his dumb little phone than I get with mine so he's pretty attached (he even called me from on top of the mountain at Delicate Arch in Arches National Park one time!)







The kids were fascinated with how much snow there was. I don't think they even felt the cold. I sure did though! I decided I'm more of a summer person than a winter one! Tyson was brave and went out taking night pictures of the ski resort, but he made sure to put on lots of layers!


Tyson and I drove up above the resort to take some pictures. While we were up there Bill called to say that Susan had crashed while skiing and hurt her arm. They ended up taking her to the hospital in Cedar City to have it x-rayed. Her left arm is broken right at the top where it's not possible to put a cast on it. We don't know yet, but she may have to have surgery to fix it. That event put a damper on the trip, but we were glad it wasn't much worse! We had a very fun time in Brian Head. A big Thanks to Bill and Susan for planning it all!


No comments: